Former South Africa coach Russell Domingo is in the race for the Bangladesh head coach job. He took a two-hour interview at the Bangladesh Cricket Board headquarters in Dhaka on Wednesday.
BCB already hired former Proteas pacer Charl Langeveldt as the pace bowling coach and Daniel Vettori as spin bowling coach last month.
Sportstar understands that the BCB is satisfied with Domingo’s presentation that stressed on Bangladesh’s roadmap for the coming years. There are two more candidates — identity undisclosed — who will appear for interviews and then, there will be a final pick.
Domingo had taken charge of the South Africa T20I side in 2012. He replaced Gary Kirsten in the remaining two formats in 2013.
South Africa had reached the semifinal of the 2015 World Cup under Domingo, who continued till Ottis Gibson was hired in 2017.
Steve Rhodes had stepped down as Bangladesh's head coach after the team finished eighth in the Cricket World Cup 2019.
- New skipper Masood wants Pakistan to ‘change history’ on Australia tour
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Padikkal powers Karnataka to 7 wicket win over Bihar ; TN, Mumbai, Saurashtra, Bengal win
- Indian sports news wrap, November 29
- Champions League 2023: Early qualification delights Atletico coach Simeone
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff