Bangladesh selectors on Monday called up uncapped opening batsman Shadman Islam for the first Test against Windies starting later this week.
The left-hander was rewarded for a strong showing with the Bangladesh Cricket Board XI in a two-day match against the visitor that ended in a draw in Chittagong on Monday.
Shadman hit 73 off 169 balls with 10 fours and a six in the match, sharing 126 runs with opening partner Soumya Sarkar.
The 23-year-old has been a prolific run scorer in domestic cricket.
He tallied 648 runs at an average of 64.80 in the domestic first-class National Cricket League and played for the Bangladesh Under-19 team.
Bangladesh was looking for an opener after veteran batsman Tamim Iqbal was injured during a recent training session, delaying his Test comeback.
The first match of the two-Test series starts in Chittagong on Thursday.
Windies will also play three ODIs and three T20I matches during the month-long tour.
Bangladesh squad: Shakib Al Hasan (Capt), Soumya Sarker, Imrul Kayes, Mohammad Mithun, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Ariful Haque, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mehidy Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Taijul Islam, Shadman Islam, Khaled Ahmed and Nayeem Hasan
- Asian Games 2023, Live Score and Updates: Indians in action in rowing, pentathlon today; Volleyball men’s team faces South Korea
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final
- India kits at Asian Games 2023: What do the patterns on the Indian jerseys signify?
- Manchester United goalkeeper Earps wins England Women’s Player of the Year
- Southee to undergo thumb surgery, ODI World Cup decision next week