Medium-pacer Mohit Sharma on Thursday said his "rehabilitation is almost over" and that only "a few formalities are pending" in the process.
Sharma had suffered a back injury in Haryana's third match in the recent Ranji trophy, versus Goa, which he said "has healed". He said he has been undergoing rehabilitation in Chennai for the past two months under the guidance of his physiotherapist Nitin Patel.
"I've known him (Nitin) for the past six years now. He's based out of Chennai. That's the reason why I've been doing rehab here (Chennai)," Sharma spoke after inaugurating a National level inter-college cricket tournament at the Guru Nanak college.
Syed Mushtaq Ali T20: Kadam, bowlers shine as Karnataka thrashes Odisha
He said he's been frequenting the college for his rehabilitation. "I've been using the college ground for the drills. Pre-bowling and bowling stuff."
He said he's been focusing on his fitness to be ready for the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL). He's been bought by the Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
When referred to Haryana's recent Ranji trophy campaign in which he played only three games, the 30-year-old said, "Ranji season had not been easy, but we've done decently." Haryana didn't qualify for the quarterfinals and finished fifth in its elite group.
He added that Haryana "still has the chance to qualify" for the super league in the ongoing Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy T20 cricket tournament.
Haryana is currently placed third in its group with a match to be played versus Karnataka on Saturday.
- Brazil vs Argentina LIVE Score, FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: BRA 0-0 ARG; Brazil makes attacking runs as Messi search for opening goal continues - update after 60 minutes
- Brawling fans in stands delay start of Argentina-Brazil World Cup qualifying match for 27 minutes
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Why is Brazil vs Argentina kick-off delayed?
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: India coach Igor Stimac rues missed opportunities after loss to ‘out of league’ Qatar
- Brazil vs Argentina Dream 11 Prediction, 2026 FIFA CONMEBOL Qualifiers: BRA v ARG predicted XI, fantasy team, team news