Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan will miss the second and final test against West Indies in Dhaka due to a thigh injury he suffered in the first test, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said on Monday.
"Shakib has been assessed and monitored continuously since suffering a strain on his left thigh... and after careful consideration it has been confirmed that he will not be available for the second Test," the BCB said in a statement.
The 33-year-old picked up the injury on the second day's play in Chattogram and was unable to bat and bowl in the second innings.
Bangladesh lost the series opener by three wickets. The second test starts on Thursday.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez