Cricket South Africa has announced the details of its upcoming Mzansi Super League, a Twenty20 competition that will feature stars such as AB de Villiers, Kagiso Rabada and Faf du Plessis.
The new league, its six teams and several international players were confirmed on Monday following a prior announcement of the stadiums set to be used, with the tournament due to run for a month from November 16.
A player draft for stars including Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo and Eoin Morgan will take place on Wednesday, but six South Africa internationals have already been assigned their sides.
Hashim Amla will play for Durban Heat, Rabada for Jozi Stars, and De Villiers for Tshwane Spartans. Nelson Mandela Bay Giants have acquired Imran Tahir, with JP Duminy due to feature for Cape Town Blitz, and Du Plessis for Paarl Rocks.
Durban will have the first pick in the player draft as the league builds up to its inaugural campaign.
- AIFF to investigate fixing allegations after videos of suspicious match from Delhi’s top division went viral
- Pro Kabaddi League LIVE Score, PKL 10 updates: U Mumba, Telugu Titans face off in their final league stage match
- Africa Cup of Nations preliminary round draw conducted
- Bayern Munich injury crisis - lacking full backs with Noussair Mazraoui out injured
- Going the Potter way: Chelsea targets Brighton again to bring in its head of recruitment