India batter Deepak Hooda smashed his maiden T20I hundred against Ireland in Malahide on Tuesday.
Hooda, playing in just his 5th T20I, reached the feat off just 55 balls after India elected to bat.
The 27-year-old became the fourth Indian man after Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina and KL Rahul to record a century in the format. Hooda is also the second quickest batter to score a T20I century among batters from Test playing nations, reaching the mark in just his 3rd innings.
He is behind West Indies' Evin Lewis and South Africa's Richard Levi who smashed hundreds in their second innings in the format.
Hooda, who partnered Sanju Samson for the second-wicket, scripted a record 176-run stand - the highest partnership for India in T20Is for any wicket. He was eventually dismissed for 104 off 57 balls by Joshua Little as India posted 227 for seven in 20 overs.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 5: Karthik falls on 93, Tamil Nadu nears defeat vs Punjab; Mumbai beats Saurashtra
- Indian sports news wrap, December 1
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- Jaipur Pink Panthers match fixtures, squad preview, all you need to know
- Saudi Arabia to host Asian Champions League Elite finals
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- Puneri Paltan match fixtures, squad preview, all you need to know