- July 26, 2023 20:02A tight win for South Zone!
Deodhar Trophy: Mayank, Sai Kishore shine as South Zone beats West Zone
Asked to bat first, South Zone was bundled out for just 206, with only skipper Mayank Agarwal waging a lone battle making a well-constructed 98 (115b, 9x4). Sai Kishore then picked a three-wicket haul to orchestrate a thrilling victory.
- July 26, 2023 19:55East Zone win by 8 wickets
Easwaran gets to his hundred!! The veteran batter scores his 8th List A hundred and leads East Zone in chasing 170. A cover drive past the diving fielder brings up his hundred and the winnings runs.
Earlier, Riyan Parag’s four-fer bundled out North East for 169 in the first innings. Mukhtar Hussain and Shahbaz picked up two wickets each.
- July 26, 2023 19:42East Zone 157/2 in 29 overs
Runs flowing since Parag’s wicket as East Zone looks to reach the target in quick time and boost its net run rate. Opener Easwaran unbeaten on 90*.
East Zone need 13 runs to win.
- July 26, 2023 19:28East Zone 137/2 in 26 overs
Easwaran and Virat Singh at the crease as East steadily moves towards the required target of 170. Easwaran has crossed his highest score in Deodhar trophy history.
Easwaran 75(79); Virat Singh 10(14)
Lepcha 2/27 in 4 overs
East Zone needs 33 runs in 144 balls
- July 26, 2023 19:12East Zone 109/2 in 21.3 overs
Wicket!! Lepcha gets his second wicket as Parag has to depart for a quick 13. Tried to go for a big slog sweep but only manages to find mid-wicket.
Riyan Parag c Palzor b Lee Yong Lepcha 13(9)
- July 26, 2023 19:04East Zone 93/1 in 19.4 overs
Wicket!! North East Zone gets its first wicket. Lepcha gets the wicket as Utkarsh cuts one straight to the slip fielder.
Utkarsh Singh c Nilesh Lamichaney b Lee Yong Lepcha 29(54)
- July 26, 2023 18:53East Zone 85/0 in 18 overs
Fifty!! Easwaran brings up his 22nd List A half-century. The veteran batter has set-up the chase in brilliant fashion for East Zone.
East Zone need 85 runs to win from 32 overs.
Easwaran 53(59); Utkarsh Singh 27(49)
- July 26, 2023 18:34East Zone 54/0 in 13 overs
Fifty partnership up for the two openers. Easwaran has been the main contributor in the partnership. They have seen off the spell of the opening bowlers in the powerplay and are now taking comfortable singles against the spinners. East Zone require 115 runs to win.
- July 26, 2023 18:22East Zone 42/0
Both opening batters have put East Zone in control of the chase. No undue risky shots are being played and it is cruising towards the 170 run target. Rex Singh has bowled extremely well in his five over spell, not giving the batters any easy scoring opportunities.
- July 26, 2023 17:58East Zone 21/0 in 5 overs
Only three boundaries scored in the first five overs as the batters haven’t taken any unnecessary risks in the chase and are still ahead of the required run rate.
Easwaran 15(21); Utkarsh Singh 6(10)
- July 26, 2023 17:36East Zone 8/0 in 2 overs
Utkarsh Singh and Abhimanyu Eashwaran open for East Zone. Rajkumar Rex Singh with the new ball for North East Zone. A quiet start for both the openers in pursuit of 170.
- July 26, 2023 16:57Central 259/10, North wins by 48 runs
OUT! Mayank Yadav clean bowls Yash Thakur and that’s ninth wicket down for Central. What a turnaround this has been for North.
Aniket Choudhary hits first ball for a four. But he is out hit wicket on the third ball. Mayank gets him. OUT! All over for Central. North wins convincingly in the end.
Central was going well at the half-way stage before Nitish Rana rolled his golden arm and got four wickets to completely change the game. His other bowlers made sure Central couldn’t come close and finished the game.
Fighting innings by Shivam Choudhary, Yash Dubey, and Upendra Yadav who all hit fifties to keep Central interested in the runchase.
- July 26, 2023 16:55Central 255/8 in 47 overs
Shivam Mavi and Yash Thakur at the crease with Central needing 53 runs in the last three overs. Only a miraculous innings will get Central over the line.
- July 26, 2023 16:52North East 169/10
Utkarsh Singh picks the last wicket as he traps Nabam Abo in front on the first ball. Rex Singh remains unbeaten on 65 and has helped North East go past the 150-run mark.
Riyan Parag led the bowling with his four wickets and was helped by Shahbaz Ahmed and Mukhtar Hussain’s two wickets each.
- July 26, 2023 16:49Central 246/8
OUT! Venkatesh Iyer is caught. Captain gets captain. Nitish Rana with the ball. And surely now North has grabbed the match here.
Aditya Sarvate departs as well in the same over. Nitish Rana with his golden arm. Eight down now Central.
- July 26, 2023 16:47North East 168/9
OUT! Khrievitso Kense is runout. He tried giving the strike to Rex and went for a quick single but couldn’t reach the crease on time. North East nine down.
- July 26, 2023 16:45North East 168/8 in 47 overs
Rex Singh on the charge here. Smashed 13 runs off that over.
- July 26, 2023 16:44Central 244/6
Venkatesh Iyer will have to get a move on here. Last five overs and still 64 runs needed. He’s on 10 off 26 and hasn’t hit a boundary yet.
- July 26, 2023 16:37North East 153/8 in 45 overs
Fifty! Rex Singh scores his maiden List-A half-century and what a way to bring that up. Short ball and he pulls it away for a four. A well-deserved fifty for him.
- July 26, 2023 16:33Central Zone 236/6
OUT! Exciting batting by Karn Sharma comes to an end. He added 23 off the 38-run stand between him and Venkatesh Iyer. Harshit Rana, however, clean bowls him. A twist in the tale in this match too.
- July 26, 2023 16:28Central 225/5 in 42 overs
Venkatesh Iyer and Karn Sharma have done well to recover after three quick wickets. Still a long way to go though. Test of captain Iyer here.
- July 26, 2023 16:25North East 137/8
OUT! Finallly a wicket for East Zone. Mukhtar Hussain provides the breakthrough in the form of Lepcha, who scored 26 off 53 balls.
- July 26, 2023 16:13North East 132/7 in 39 overs
This has been a frustrating partnership for East Zone bowlers. Although the scoring rate hasn’t gone up, but the two lower order batters - Rex and Lee Yong Lepcha - have added 50 runs in 79 balls so far.
- July 26, 2023 16:06West 194/10
OUT! R Sai Kishore traps Parth Bhut in front and that’s it. South wins by 12 runs. Has defended a target 208 runs.
A great win for South. The bowlers were right on the money and broke this game open right from the start. Sai Kishore with his three wickets and Washington Sundar’s two wickets closed the game well. Two back-to-back wins for South in the first two games.
- July 26, 2023 15:58Central 198/5
Back to back wicket for North. Both Upendra and Yash Dubey back in the hut. Nitish Rana gets Yash out LBW for 78.
Nitish Rana strikes again. He gets Rinku Singh caught for a first-ball duck! Game has changed within one over.
- July 26, 2023 15:56Central 197/3
OUT! Central loses Upendra Yadav after his fifty. Mayank Yadav gets him out caught.
- July 26, 2023 15:54West 187/9
OUT! Another twist. R Sai Kishore traps Hangargekar in front. West nine down now.
- July 26, 2023 15:48West Zone 187/8, needs 20 runs to win
OUT! Washington Sundar strikes again and West has lost its eighth wicket. Shams Mulani is clean bowled and South is sniffing a win here.
And Rajvardhan Hangargekar smacks his first two balls for back to back sixes. We are heading to a thrilling contest here.
- July 26, 2023 15:47Central 190/2, needs 118 runs to win
Upendra Yadav is nearing his fifty. Has been a very solid innings. Provided strong base for the runchase and a support to Yash Dubey.
- July 26, 2023 15:43West Zone 163/7
OUT! Another big wicket for South as Atit Sheth departs after Washington Sundar trapped him in front. The game is open now. South needs three more wickets to win.
- July 26, 2023 15:41North East 92/7 in 31 overs
Runs aren’t coming easily for coming easily for North East and the wickets falling regularly hasn’t helped either. Rex Singh has looked comfortable batting though. Till where can he take his to?
- July 26, 2023 15:37Central Zone 184/2, needs 124 runs to win
Yash Dubey and Upendra Yadav have now added 79 runs for the third wicket. The chase is looking one-sided as of now with Central in complete control.
- July 26, 2023 15:34West Zone 161/6
OUT! Shivam Dube departs after scoring 29. R Sai Kishore gets the breakthrough for South. Will the game open up again now?
- July 26, 2023 15:32West Zone 155/5 in 30 overs
The partnership between Shivam Dube and Atit Sheth is now 60 off 64 balls. Both have batted without taking a lot of risks.
- July 26, 2023 15:23North East 82/7
OUT! Fourth wicket for Riyan Parag. Traps Imliwati Lemtur in front. North East seven down now.
- July 26, 2023 15:21West Zone 135/5, needs 72 runs to win
Dube and Sheth are taking the team closer to the target. They both have now added 39 runs for the sixth wicket. A crucial stand for West.
- July 26, 2023 15:15Central 145/2, needs 162 runs to win
Yash Dubey and Upendra Yadav have added 40 runs for the third wicket stand. Things are looking comfortable here for Central in the runchase.
- July 26, 2023 15:07North East Zone 69/6
OUT! Riyan Parag gets another wicket. Palzor Tamang tried going over the deep-midwicket fielder but got caught at the boundary. Fifth wicket down for North East.
In the same over, Parag gets another one. This time Larry Sangma trapped in front.
- July 26, 2023 15:04West Zone 109/5
Shivam Dube and Atit Sheth doing the recovery job well for West. Have stablised the innings.
- July 26, 2023 15:00Central 121/2
Fifty for Yash Dubey! Another good innings upfront for Central. A well constructed innings. Took him 58 balls to reach his milestone with the help of seven fours.
- July 26, 2023 14:54North East 65/4
OUT! Anup Ahlawat is cleaned up by Riyan Parag and North East loses its fourth wicket. No footwork by the opener and a huge gap between bat and pad, and the ball hits the stumps.
- July 26, 2023 14:52Central 106/2, needs 202 runs to win
OUT! Nishant Sindhu gets the breakthrough for North as he gets Shivam out caught by Mayank. He goes for 51.
- July 26, 2023 14:49West Zone 96/5
OUT! Sarfaraz Khan edges one to the keeper on 42. V Vyshak gets the big wicket and half side is now back to the pavilion.
- July 26, 2023 14:47Central 104/1
Fifty for Shivam Choudhary! Has taken him 58 balls to reach the milestone with the help of five fours and a six.
- July 26, 2023 14:44North East 61/3 in 15 overs
East Zone in a dominating position after the first 15 overs. Has got three wickets but North East opener Ahlawat is still at the crease and looking good.
- July 26, 2023 14:41Central 97/1 in 16 overs
Shivam is nearing his half-century. Has been a well constructed innings so far from him and supported well by Yash Dubey also.
- July 26, 2023 14:36North East 57/3 in 14 overs
Three early wickets mean North East batters aren’t willing to take too much risk. Tight bowling by East Zone too.
- July 26, 2023 14:32West 65/4, needs 142 runs to win
OUT! Bawane runout. Just when West thought that things were under control, a set batter gets out. Bawane gone for 17.
- July 26, 2023 14:31Central 81/1 in 14 overs
Yash and Bawane taking Central to a strong position. The scoring rate has been on par and the required run rate is under control.
- July 26, 2023 14:27North East 49/3
Shahbaz Ahmed gets another one. Langlonyamba Keishangbam is OUT caught at point.
- July 26, 2023 14:25West Zone 64/3
Sarfaraz Khan and Bawane have helped West recover well and stablised the innings.
- July 26, 2023 14:22North East 46/2
OUT! A short ball by Mukhtar Hussain and J Anderson wanted to pull it but ended up edging to the keeper. It was a low catch and umpires had to check it for confirmation before ruling him out.
- July 26, 2023 14:16North East 46/1 in 10 overs
A strong finish to the powerplay by North East and Ahlawat, hitting two fours and getting 10 runs from that over.
- July 26, 2023 14:13Central 56/1 in 10 overs
Central has recovered well after a slow start and early wicket. Both Yash Dubey and Shivam Choudhary found boundaries in the later half of the powerplay to end it on a solid note.
- July 26, 2023 14:01West Zone 33/3 in 10 overs
Been a tough start for West in the powerplay. Sarfaraz Khan and Bawane are at the crease trying to stabilise the runchase, which still looks gettable as of now.
- July 26, 2023 14:00North East 30/1 in 6 overs
OUT! Shahbaz Ahmed strike on the first ball he bowled today. North East loses its first wicket in the form of Lamichaney. A successful over. Only one run from that and a wicket.
- July 26, 2023 13:55Central 19/1 in 6 overs
Both Shivam and Yash Dubey haven’t been able to break free. A rather slow start for Central in the run chase.
- July 26, 2023 13:53North East 25/0 in 4 overs
A rather long over by Akash Deep. Four wides in that over. Despite a few close calls, North East openers are looking solid here.
- July 26, 2023 13:45West 26/3, needs 181 runs to win
OUT! West in huge trouble. Rahul Tripathi departs for 15. Vidwath Kaverappa traps him in front.
Rahul Tripathi not happy with the leg-before call there, reports S Dipak Raghav
- July 26, 2023 13:41West Zone 22/2 in 6 overs
OUT! West loses its second wicket. V Koushik clean bowls Harvik Desai for 11 on the last ball of the sixth over.
- July 26, 2023 13:35Central 7/1
After Shivam Choudhary played out a maiden in the first over, Madhav Koushik opens his account with a six off Harshit Rana in the next over. But on the last ball, Rana gets his revenge and gets Koushik out caught by Mayank.
- July 26, 2023 13:31North East 0/0
Anup Ahlawat and Nilesh Lanichaney are out in the middle. Mura Singh with the new ball for East Zone.
- July 26, 2023 13:28Central 0/0, need 308 to win
Central openers are out in the middle to chase down a target of 308 runs.
- July 26, 2023 13:23West Zone 4/1 in 1 over
OUT! Priyank Panchal is runout without even facing a delivery. What a start for South!
- July 26, 2023 13:17Toss Update East Zone vs North East Zone
Elsewhere, East Zone has won the toss and elected to field first against North East Zone.
North East - Anup Ahlawat, Nilesh Lamichaney, Jehu Anderson(w), Langlonyamba Keishangbam(c), Rex Rajkumar, Palzor Tamang, Larry Sangma, Imliwati Lemtur, Lee Yong Lepcha, Nabam Abo, Khrievitso Kense
East Zone - Abhimanyu Easwaran, Utkarsh Singh, Virat Singh, Subhranshu Senapati, Riyan Parag, Saurabh Tiwary(c), Kumar Kushagra(w), Shahbaz Ahmed, Mukhtar Hussain, Akash Deep, Manisankar Murasingh
- July 26, 2023 12:52North Zone 307/8
OUT! Harshit Rana gets caught by Rinku Singh as Yash Thakur closes the last over brilliantly.
Led by Prabhsimran Singh-century, North has crossed 300-run mark to put on a competitive total on the board for Central to chase. Good knocks by Nitish Rana and Mandeep too.
Two wickets each for Venkatesh Iyer and Yash Thakur. Karn Sharma and Shivam Mavi picked a wicket each.
- July 26, 2023 12:49North Zone 302/7
OUT! Nishant Sindhu too departs. Shivam Mavi gets the wicket in the penultimate over.
- July 26, 2023 12:45North Zone 293/6
OUT! Mandeep Singh falls for 43 as he gets caught by Aditya Sarvate off Yash Thakur.
- July 26, 2023 12:40North Zone 289/5
Mandeep closing in on his fifty as well. Has been a good innings so far. How much will he and Nishant be able to stretch the total to with three more overs remaining?
- July 26, 2023 12:34North Zone 282/5 in 46 overs
Mandeep Singh and Nishant Sindhu at the crease as North looks to push the score past the 300-run mark.
- July 26, 2023 12:29South Zone 206/10
OUT! South Zone all out. Hangergekar traps Koushik in front. South bundled out for 206 in 46.4 overs.
Hangergekar ends with two wickets in his 7.4 overs. Shams Mulani too got two in his 10 overs. Parth Bhut got three in his full quota of overs.
Mayank Agarwal was the top-scorer for South with his 98. Missed out on a well-deserved hundred.
- July 26, 2023 12:26North 266/5
OUT! Vivrant Sharma is runout. Two runout for North in quick succession. North five down now with six more overs left.
A brilliant direct-hit from Mavi, reports Dhruva Prasad.
- July 26, 2023 12:23South Zone 201/9 in 46 overs
200-up for South! Has been a tough batting day for the team. Last pair Koushik V and Vyshak at the crease with four more overs remaining.
- July 26, 2023 12:20South Zone 194/9
OUT! Kaverappa is caught by Priyank Panchal off Rajvardhan Hangergekar. End of the 32-run stand between him and Vyshak for the ninth wicket.
- July 26, 2023 12:18North Zone 263/4
OUT! Nitish Rana is runout. The North captain goes after scoring 51 off 50 balls. Not the best way to end his innings.
- July 26, 2023 12:16South Zone 190/8 in 44 overs
Kaverappa and Vyshak have taken South close to 200-run mark with their 28 runs partnership so far. A good fightback by the two lower-order batters
- July 26, 2023 12:09North Zone 256/3
13th List-A fifty for Nitish Rana! A well-timed innnings. Gave good support to Prabhsimran first and then took on the bowlers. It took him 49 balls to reach his half-century with the help of five fours and a six.
The partnership between Nitish and Mandeep is now 56 off 49 balls.
- July 26, 2023 11:58South Zone 170/8 in 39 overs
West bowlers are all over South now. Vijaykumar Vyshak and Vidwath Kaverappa are at the crease. Will be interesting to see how much can South reach from here.
- July 26, 2023 11:54North Zone 238/3 in 35 overs
Nitish Rana and Mandeep Singh have quickly added 38 runs in 32 balls for the fourth wicket stand. Rana is slowly starting to open his arms as he moves into 40s.
- July 26, 2023 11:50South Zone 162/8
OUT! Another wicket. R Sai Kishore too departs for three. It’s Bhut again as Kishore gets caught by Priyank Panchal. South in big trouble.
- July 26, 2023 11:48South Zone 161/7
OUT! Mayank Agarwal misses his century by two runs. Parth Bhut gets the wicket as Shams Mulani catches him.
S Dipak Raghav: Absolute brain fade from Mayank Agarwal. Reverse sweeps Parth Bhut straight to backward point. Out for 98. Needless shot with 15 overs left.
- July 26, 2023 11:38South Zone 153/6 in 33 overs
Mayank Agarwal is into his nineties. He’s accompanied by R Sai Kishore. The two are dealing in singles and not taking any risk.
- July 26, 2023 11:32North Zone 200/3
OUT! Prabhsimran SIngh is finally out. Karn Sharma gets the breakthrough as Prabhsimran gets caught behind. End of an entertaining knock of 121.
- July 26, 2023 11:29South Zone 142/6 in 30 overs
OUT! Washington Sundar too departs as he gets caught by Nagwaswalla off Parth Bhut.
- July 26, 2023 11:23North Zone 199/2 in 33 overs
The partnership between Prabhsimran and Nitish Rana is 66 runs off 50 balls in which the centurion has scored 41 while the captain has made 16.
- July 26, 2023 11:18North Zone 193/2 in 32 overs
Prabhsimran isn’t stopping. Has quickly moved onto 116, scoring two more fours and a six post reaching his hundred.
- July 26, 2023 11:15South Zone 133/5 in 27 overs
Mayank Agarwal and Washington Sundar are at the crease trying to get South to a competitive total. West bowlers have controlled the most part of the play so far. However, Mayank is looking in fine touch.
- July 26, 2023 11:09North Zone 174/2 in 30 overs
Second List-A century for Prabhsimran Singh! Has been an entertaining innings with 10 fours and four sixes. He reaches his century in 92 balls.
- July 26, 2023 11:05South Zone 130/5 in 25 overs
OUT! Karthick gets caught by Parth Bhut off Shams Mulani. South loses half its side now inside 25 overs. End of a 50-run stand.
Washington Sundar, the new batter at the crease.
- July 26, 2023 11:01South Zone 125/4 in 24 overs
Mayank and Karthick building a solid platform here. Not much risk being taken. The partnership is now 50 off 49 balls.
- July 26, 2023 10:55North Zone 158/2 in 27 overs
Prabhsimran is into the nineties now. 91 off 80 so far with the help of 10 fours and four sixes.
- July 26, 2023 10:51North Zone 145/2 in 26 overs
Captain Nitish Rana is at the crease and has already scored a boundary. Prabhsimran looking solid to reach his century soon.
- July 26, 2023 10:47South Zone 106/4 in 21 overs
Mayank and Arun Karthick have calmed things down for a bit for South. The partnership is now 31 off 30 balls.
- July 26, 2023 10:42North 133/2
OUT! Himanshu Rana departs after scoring 24. Captain Venkatesh Iyer comes to the rescue yet again for Central. End of 87-run stand for the second wicket between Prabhsimran and Rana.
- July 26, 2023 10:39South Zone 92/4 in 19 overs
Mayank and Arun Karthik are trying to stablise the innings. Apart from Mayank, no one has been able to make a dominating impact so far for South.
- July 26, 2023 10:37North Zone 130/1 in 24 overs
Prabhsimran Singh has been unstoppable so far in this innings. Has raced to 79 off 74 balls with the help of nine fours and three sixes.
- July 26, 2023 10:24South Zone 75/4
Fifty for Mayank Agarwal! A captain’s knock. Has looked solid and tried to take on the attack. Has scored five fours so far in his innings.
OUT! Shams Mulani gets the fourth South zone batter out. Ricky Bhui departs for three as he gets caught by Sarfaraz Khan.
- July 26, 2023 10:19North Zone 94/1 in 18 overs
Fifty for Prabhsimran Singh! Four to get to his half-century. Took him 51 balls to cross the 50-run mark with the help of eight fours and a six.
Karn Sharma is the sixth bowler for Central today.
- July 26, 2023 10:16South Zone 65/3 in 14 overs
Mayank Agarwal is nearing his half-century. Ricky Bhui has joined him at the crease as South looks to recovered from three early jolts.
- July 26, 2023 10:12North Zone 82/1 in 16 overs
Solid batting by Prabhsimran. He is nearing his fifty now.
Interestingly, Central has introduced five bowlers inside the powerplay.
- July 26, 2023 10:08South Zone 58/3
OUT! N Jagadeesan is caught behind. Third catch for the wicketkeeper. Shivam Dube gets his first wicket of the morning.
Jagadeesan squared up and given caught behind. Batter furious with the call. Indicated it hit his shirt sleeve, reports S Dipak Raghav.
- July 26, 2023 09:58North Zone 56/1 in 12 overs
New batter Himanshu Rana begins with two back-to-back fours off Yash Thakur.
- July 26, 2023 09:54North 46/1
OUT! Captain Venkatesh Iyer gets Abhishek out caught behind. First wicket for Central.
Iyer began the over with two back-to-back wides before getting his line and length right. He gets paid off instantly in his third legal ball of the over in form of Abhishek.
- July 26, 2023 09:53South Zone 41/2 in 10 overs
A tough powerplay for South comes to an end after losing two wickets. But captain Mayank is still at the crease and is looking solid despite being given one lifeline.
- July 26, 2023 09:46North Zone 44/0 in 10 overs
A good powerplay for North. Both Abhishek and Prabhsimran have got starts. 44 runs in the first 10 overs.
- July 26, 2023 09:42South Zone 29/2
OUT! Atit Sheth gets Devdutt Padikkal to edge the ball to the keeper. South zone two down now inside the powerplay.
N Jagadeesan joins Mayank at the crease.
- July 26, 2023 09:35North dealing in boundaries
- July 26, 2023 09:32South Zone 26/1 in 6 overs
Padikkal is off the mark with a single. Mayank trying to take on the attack after given a lifeline.
- July 26, 2023 09:29Mayank Agarwal dropped!
Parth Bhut drops Mayank at point. Arzan Nagwaswalla is furious, reports S Dipak Raghav.
A lifeline for Mayank.
- July 26, 2023 09:27South 15/1 in 5 overs
Last two overs have only conceded four runs. New batter Devdutt yet to get off the mark. He has played five ball so far.
- July 26, 2023 09:25North 17/0 in 5 overs
Two fours in that over from Aniket Choudhary. One was hit towards covers by Abhishek but the next was four byes.
- July 26, 2023 09:19North 9/0 in 4 overs
FOUR! Prabhsimran off the mark as well with a boundary towards the square against Shivam Mavi.
- July 26, 2023 09:16South 11/1 in 3 overs
OUT! Nagwaswalla picks the first wicket for West in the form of Rohan Kunnummal who edges the ball to the keeper.
S Dipak Raghav reports, “Harvik Desai takes a good catch diving to his right”.
Devdutt Padikkal is the new batter.
- July 26, 2023 09:14North 5/0 in 3 overs
FOUR! Abhishek gets off the mark with a boundary towards the fine leg region off Aniket. Four runs in that over.
- July 26, 2023 09:10North 1/0 in 2 overs
No runs off the bat for either Abhishek or Prabhsimran so far in the first two overs. Only a wide came in that Shivam Mavi over.
- July 26, 2023 09:08South - 2/0
South openers - Mayank Agarwal and Rohan Kunnummal - are off. Two runs from the first over by Arzan Nagwaswalla.
- July 26, 2023 09:06North Zone - 0/0 in 1 over
A maiden to start with by Aniket Choudhary for Central.
- July 26, 2023 09:05Unchanged South bat first
West has put South to bat first in an overcast morning.
- July 26, 2023 09:02Players are out in the middle
North openers Abhishek Sharma and Prabhsimran Singh are out in the middle. Venkatesh Iyer leads his team into the field.
- July 26, 2023 08:55An overcast morning in Pondicherry
- July 26, 2023 08:42Toss & playing XI
West Zone vs South Zone
West Zone wins the toss and opts to field.
West Zone - Arzan Nagwaswalla, A R Bawane, Atit Sheth, H Desai (wk), Priyank Panchal (c), Parth Bhut, Rahul Tripathi, Rajvardhan Hangargekar, Sarfaraz Khan, Shams Mulani, Shivam Dube
South Zone - Devdutt Padikkal, Arun Karthick, Koushik V, Mayank Agarwal (C), N Jagadeesan (WK), R Sai Kishore, Ricky Bhui, Rohan Kunnummal, V Vyshak, Vidwath Kaverappa, Washington Sundar
Central Zone vs North Zone
Central wins the toss and opts to field.
Central - A Sarvate, A V Choudhary, Karn Sharma, Madhav Kaushik, Rinku Singh, Shivam Choudhary, Shivam Mavi, Upendra Yadav (WK), Venkatesh Iyer (C), Y Thakur, Yash Dubey
North - Abhishek Sharma, Harshit Rana, H Rana, Mandeep Singh, Mayank Markande, Mayank Yadav, Nishant Sindhu, Nitish Rana (C), Prabhsimran Singh (WK), Sandeep Sharma, Vivrant Sharma
- July 26, 2023 08:20Kaverappa magic against North Zone
- July 26, 2023 08:15Deodhar Trophy Previous results
- East Zone defeated Central by six wickets chasing a target of 208 runs.
- West Zone beat North East by nine wickets chasing 208 runs.
- North Zone got bowled out for 60 while chasing 246 runs in 28 overs against South.
- July 26, 2023 08:04How Shivam Mavi fought his way to a national call-up
After grabbing headlines with his efforts in the 2018 Under-19 World Cup, Shivam Mavi had to endure painful back injuries for a while before he could get back on track.
- July 26, 2023 07:56Central Zone vs North Zone preview
After being routed in their respective Deodhar Trophy campaign openers, North Zone and Central Zone will look to open their account when they face off at the Cricket Association Puducherry (CAP) Ground 2 here on Wednesday.
While North will have to overcome the ignominy of registering the lowest team total in the tournament’s history after being skittled out for 60 against South Zone, Central needs to pick up the pieces following a tame six-wicket surrender to East Zone.
The batters from both teams will be under the scanner, particularly Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) teammates and North and Central skippers Nitish Rana and Venkatesh Iyer, respectively. The India internationals only managed scores of 4 and 8, respectively, and will have a leaf to take out of fellow KKR batter Rinku Singh, who struck a composed half-century in Central’s only silver lining of its 207-run total in its match on Monday. READ MORE
- Dhruva Prasad
- July 26, 2023 07:38Deodhar Trophy matches today
- North Zone vs Central Zone, CAP Ground 2, Puducherry - 9 AM start
- West Zone vs South Zone, CAP Ground 3, Puducherry - 9 AM start
- East Zone vs North East Zone, Siechem Stadium, Puducherry - 1:30 PM start
- July 26, 2023 07:32Where to watch Deodhar Trophy matches today?
Deodhar Trophy 2023 is not being telecast in India. Select matches of the tournament will be streamed through the BCCI website and app.
- Atletico Madrid extends contract of coach Diego Simeone to 2027
- New Zealand test cricketer Henry Nicholls to face ball tampering charge
- Europa League 2023: West Ham secures late win over Olympiakos, Marseille beats AEK
- Europa League 2023: Liverpool loses 3-2 at Toulouse; Brighton beats Ajax
- SA vs AFG head-to-head record in ODIs: South Africa vs Afghanistan overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match