Vidarbha skipper Faiz Fazal was unsurprisingly pleased with his team's Ranji Trophy title triumph, for the second consecutive time. After creating history by beating Delhi in the final last season, Vidarbha did an encore by beating Saurashtra by 78 runs on Thursday.
Speaking post match, Fazal said, "It feels unreal. Behind all this there is a lot of hard work from each and everyone. It is different, the first time is always special but we had to work really hard this season. The whole team have worked hard in the off season.
"I am more happy with the way we played this final. I can't thank them (team mates) enough, each and every member of the support staff has been incredible. They have given us everything and made our life comfortable."
On his captaincy, Fazal said he hoped to continue doing the good work for a few years. "I feel I am a lucky charm, maybe (laughs). Hopefully, I continue for a few more years."
Vidarbha coach Chandrakant Pandit, while underlining the fact that it was an important win, said his team was happy to prove a point to critics. "People were saying it's fluke (winning the Ranji for the first time) but we have proved them wrong and won it for the second time. There was a lot of pressure, we only followed the process. You can see the results. It's just a matter of beginning for us. The support from the association was great," said Pandit.
- Pakistan captain Shan Masood hits century in Australia warm-up
- Former champion Wozniacki handed Australian Open wildcard
- IPL auction 2024: Full list of squads, players after retention day
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out obstructing the field in second Test against New Zealand