Even with close to 700 runs under his belt in the recently concluded Ranji Trophy, Baba Indrajith was in for a surprise on Tuesday as he was picked for the India A squad to play in a three day warm-up game against Australia later this month.
Indrajith told Sportstar : "I feel great. I wasn't actually expecting this."
The Tamil Nadu middle-order batsman in the Ranji Trophy made 697 runs at an average of 63.36 with two hundreds and five fifties.
The season though did not start off on a great note for the 22-year old, who had a sedate run in the Tamil Nadu Premier League where he made only 113 runs from seven games, leading the Ruby Kanchi Warriors side.
However, he turned around things in the Ranji Trophy, with some crucial knocks. "I worked hard on my batting and fitness before the season. While I did not tinker much with my technique, I kept working on my basics. Even though I could get only two hundreds, I was able to get runs whenever I went in which helped," he said.
Indrajith also credited the role of former India batsman Sujith Somasundar. "I worked a lot on my mental aspect with him which helped me. I kept in touch with him through the season along with my coach Balaji sir and J. Madanagopal at India Cements, who are the first people I go to when it comes to any aspect of my game," he said.
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Wellalage removes openers, Kohli; IND vs SL match updates
- Asia Cup 2023: Rohit Sharma-Shubman Gill become fastest Indian pair to complete 1000 ODI runs
- Yuzvendra Chahal shines on County Championship debut for Kent
- Rohit, Kohli become fastest pair to complete 5000 ODI partnership runs
- Asian Games Street Fighter athlete Mayank Prajapati and eFootball star Hemanth Kommu conquer NESC qualifiers