Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravindra Jadeja, who played a role in the 3-0 Test series win over South Africa, will now play for Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy one-day tournament starting here from December 10.
“Pujara and Jadeja, who had missed Saurashtra’s last three to four matches as they were serving for national team, have been included in the Saurashtra’s Ranji trophy one day squad,” Himanshu Shah, Saurashtra Cricket Association media manager said.
The two had played a key role in Saurashtra opening matches and helped the team to qualify for knock out stage.
Saurashtra remained top of the table in Group ‘C’ and entered the quarter-final of Ranji Trophy 2015-16.
“Jaydev Shah has been named captain of the 15 member squad,” Shah said.
SCA is hosting Ranji trophy one-day tournament group ‘D’ matches.
The tournament will start from December 10 and has teams of Saurashtra, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bengal playing in the group ‘D’, Shah added.
Latest on Sportstar
- From Milner to Firmino: Five players leaving Liverpool at the end of 2022-23 season
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Highlights: Verstappen extends lead with yet another win; Hamilton second, Russell third
- WATCH: Yuzvendra Chahal on IPL 2023, the ODI World Cup and more
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4
- Bangladesh calls up uncapped duo for Afghanistan Test