Baba Indrajith, the newly appointed Tamil Nadu Ranji captain, says he isn’t expecting results in a hurry.
“I am looking at a two-year process. We need to get the process right. Once we do that and build a good team culture, the results will come,” says Indrajith, here on Monday.
RELATED | Indrajith named Tamil Nadu skipper
Indrajith feels Tamil Nadu needed to focus on its pace bowling resources. “We need to have bench strength in pace bowling. If you see now, our top three pacemen, K. Vignesh, Aswin Crist and T. Natarajan are injured and will not be available for the first game against Madhya Pradesh on November 1.”
He adds, “This is why we need a good pool of pace bowlers. We need depth in this area.”
Asked about Tamil Nadu’s lack of killer instinct, the right-hand middle order batsman says, “We have a lot of talent. Things will fall in place once we have a proper system within the team.”
Issues like the tendency of the Tamil Nadu batting to collapse during stressful situations in big games will be resolved gradually, he says.
Indrajith is happy with the spin bowling stock. “At least for the early games in the Ranji season, we should be having R. Ashwin, Washington Sundar and Rahil Shah together. We have some good young spinners too.”
The forthcoming season is bound to be challenging. Indrajith is quietly confident. He is also patient.
- India-W vs Bangladesh-W Live Streaming, Asian Games 2023 semifinal: When and where to watch match?
- Indian sports news wrap, September 23
- Asian Games 2023: Lone Indian gymnast Pranati Nayak focusing on performance, not pressure
- India-W vs Bangladesh-W Dream11 Prediction, Asian Games 2023 semifinal: Predicted XI, fantasy teams, squads for Hangzhou 2023
- BAN vs NZ, 2nd ODI: Ish Sodhi’s record-breaking outing in Dhaka