The second day of the ongoing Ranji Trophy matches in Mumbai and Rajkot will start late by two hours due to solar eclipse. A source in the host State association confirmed this after the opening day’s play between Mumbai and Railways concluded at the Wankhede Stadium here.
A solar eclipse occurs when a portion of the earth is engulfed in a shadow cast by the moon which fully or partially blocks sunlight. All Ranji Trophy games begin at 9.30 am.
ROUND 3 DAY 1 | AS IT HAPPENED
Railways has taken a two-run lead after bundling out Mumbai for a paltry 114. It is 116 for 5 in the first essay.
The Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA), which is hosting Uttar Pradesh at its stadium in Rajkot, also said play will start there at 11.30am on Thursday. “Tomorrow, the match will start at 11.30 a.m. due to solar eclipse,” the SCA stated in a release.
In Mysuru, however, the contest between Karnataka and Himachal Pradesh will begin at 11.15 am.
- Asian Games 2023: North Korean Kim Il Gyong breaks world record as weightlifting dominance continues
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 2 - LIVE - Parul, Priti win women’s 3000m SC silver and bronze; Ancy wins long jump silver; India wins mixed 4x400m relay silver; Ayhika-Sutirtha pair wins TT bronze; India stays 4th with 60 medals, 13 golds
- ISL 2023-24: Hyderabad FC’s Laxmikant Kattimani to undergo facial surgery after injury against East Bengal
- New Zealand vs South Africa LIVE SCORE, World Cup 2023 warm-up: Scorecard, match streaming updates
- England vs Bangladesh LIVE SCORE, World Cup 2023 warm-up: Scorecard, match streaming updates