After shinning with the ball, India all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja’s unbeaten 178 helped Saurashtra to take a first innings lead versus Railways on the second day of their Ranji Elite Group A match here on Tuesday.
Courtesy Jadeja’s knock, Saurashtra leads Railways by 144 runs after ending day two at 344/8.
Electing to bat, Railways was bundled out for a meagre 200 with skipper Mahesh Rawat top-scoring with 46.
For the host, left-arm spinner Jadeja (4/58) did most of the damage.
After Saurashtra’s top-order failed, left-handed Jadeja took the centre-stage at Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, hitting 16 fours and four sixes in his 326-ball stay at the crease so far.
He hammered a listless Railways attack and completed his 100 off 216 balls and 150 in 285 balls respectively.
Jadeja found an unusual partner in number 9 Kamlesh Makwana who made 62.
The duo frustrated the Railway bowlers, but Makwana’s stay at the crease was cut short by Harsh Tyagi.
ALSO READ| Uthappa ruled out for six weeks
Saurashtra’s hopes of increasing the lead now solely depend on Jadeja, who will be eyeing a double-hundred.
Brief Scores: Railways 200 all out versus Saurashtra 344/8 (Ravindra Jadeja 178 not out, Kamlesh Makwana 62; Avinash Yadav 3-95)
- India starts with 12-0 thrashing of Canada in FIH Women’s Junior World Cup
- France 2030, Salt Lake City 2034 are preferred Winter Games bids - IOC
- Champions League: Ten-man Braga keep last-16 hopes alive, Real Sociedad held by Salzburg
- PSV fights back from two goals down to win against Sevilla in Champions League
- Champions League: Inter completes stunning comeback to snatch 3-3 draw with Benfica