Opener Unmukt Chand’s stroke-filled knock (70, 35b, 4x4, 6x6) and an impressive spell by medium-pacer Subodh Bhati (four for 27), Delhi recorded a 32-run win over Andhra in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T-20 cricket championship league match at Mulapadu Cricket Complex here on Wednesday.
Electing to bat, Delhi lost opener Hiten Dalal (0) to pacer Ayyappa Bandaru in the first over before Unmukt and Dhruv Shorey (28, 21b, 3 x 4, 1 x 6) put on 74 runs for the second wicket to keep Andhra bowlers at bay.
Later on, Lalit Yadav (31, 19b, 1 x 4, 2 x 6) propped the total with a breezy knock.
In reply, once pacer Ishant Sharma forced Andhra captain Hanuma Vihari to snick to wicketkeeper Anuj Rawat in the first over, Andhra was never really in the hunt losing wickets at regular intervals. The only notable contribution came from Ashwin Hebbar (38, 29b, 1x4, 1x6).
This was Delhi’s fourth win in five games while, Andhra suffered third defeat in four matches.
In another match, Kerala scored an emphatic, 94-run win over Jammu & Kashmir for its third win in four matches.
Jharkhand notched up it’s fourth consecutive win when it defeated Nagaland by 54 runs.
Captain Ishan Kishan (52, 39b, 6x4, 2x6) and Kumar Deobrat (69 not out, 32b, 5x4, 6x6) scored breezy half-centuries and Anukul Roy chipped with a quick fire unbeaten 47 (23b, 4x4, 3x6) during a 57-run stand in 52 balls with Ishan to help Delhi post 175 for eight.
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch HFC vs MBSG, predicted lineups, preview and more
- Gujarat Giants vs Telugu Titans LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Fazel’s Gujarat takes on Sehrawat’s Telugu; When, where to watch PKL 10 season opener?
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold
- Pro Kabaddi League: All the PKL rules explained ahead of season 10
- EURO 2024: Top seedings, potential match-ups, when, where to watch European Championship draw?