Having failed to register a win in the first three games, Punjab is set to be without the services of veterans Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh for the remainder of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy Group C games.
It is understood that Yuvraj and Harbhajan left for an overseas personal commitment after the team’s demoralising eight-wicket loss against Saurashtra on Sunday. Punjab coach Harvinder Singh hoped that “at least Yuvraj would be back for the last game” on March 2, adding that uncapped Rohan Marwaha joined the team ahead of its training on Tuesday.
Manoj Tiwary: I have a point to prove after IPL snub
Neither Harbhajan nor Yuvraj, both at the fag end of their career, have had an impact in Punjab’s first three games. Leading the team, Harbhajan returned went wicketless in all three matches, conceding 75 runs in seven overs. All-rounder Yuvraj failed to fire on both the fronts, tallying 47 runs off 50 balls in three innings and ending with cumulative figures of 5-0-44-0.
To add to Punjab’s woes, youngster Shubman Gill missed Tuesday’s training due to ill health.
- Nantes supporter dies before Ligue 1 game in latest incident to mar French football
- Vijay Hazare Trophy highlights, Round 6: Tripura beats Mumbai; TN defends 196 vs MP; Haryana beats Karnataka
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Haryana beats Karnataka by five wickets, seals knockouts berth
- WI vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, 1st ODI: West Indies vs England predicted XI, fantasy tips, squads
- WI vs ENG Live Streaming Info, 1st ODI: When and where to watch England tour of West Indies 2023-24?