KL Rahul broke current India head coach Rahul Dravid’s record for effecting the most number of dismissals in a single edition of the ODI World Cup by an Indian.
Rahul bagged his 17th dismissal of the 2023 World Cup by taking the catch of Mitchell Marsh off the bowling of Jasprit Bumrah during the final at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Sunday.
The 31-year-old has taken 16 catches and effected on stumping in the ongoing World Cup, bettering Dravid’s 15 catches and one stumping during the 2003 World Cup in South Africa.
Rahul also scored a 107-ball 66 in the final on Sunday, helping India recover from a precarious 81 for three.
Most wicketkeeper dismissals in single ODI World Cup for Indians
- India vs Australia Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Final: AUS 68/3 (13); Bumrah, Shami keep IND in control in PowerPlay with three wickets
- IND vs AUS: Rahul breaks Dravid’s record for most wicketkeeper dismissals in single World Cup edition by Indian
- IND vs AUS Live scorecard, World Cup 2023 Final: Australia three-down in chase vs India
- IND vs AUS Final Toss Updates, World Cup 2023 Match info: Bumrah, Shami rattle Australia in 241 chase
- IND vs AUS: Australian pitch invader interrupts World Cup 2023 final, tries to hug Kohli