Skipper Rohit Sharma picked his first ODI wicket since 2012 during India’s 160-run win over Netherlands in a World Cup 2023 match at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Sunday.
Rohit dismissed Netherlands’ top-scorer Teja Nidamanuru, who was caught by Mohammed Shami at long-on, in the 48th over of the innings and ended with figures of one for seven in 0.5 overs.
The off-spinner last bowled in an ODI match back in 2016 at Perth against Australia and conceded 11 runs in one over without picking a wicket. The last time he took a wicket in an ODI was in February 2012, dismissing Matthew Wade caught and bowled.
The 36-year-old has nine wickets in 260 matches. He also has two Test scalps in 52 games and one T20I wicket in 148 appearances.
On Sunday, India used nine bowlers against Netherlands. Other than India’s regular set of bowlers, Virat Kohli, Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav and Rohit also rolled their arm over.
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Updates, WPL 2024: Kapp jolts UPW early, removes top order
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Updates, Dabang Delhi vs Patna Pirates: Lineups out, later Gujarat Giants lock horns with Haryana Steelers at 9
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 0-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: Real-time match updates and more
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- Maiden First-Class ton after 110 overs of keeping: Hardik Tamore’s grit takes Mumbai to safety in Ranji quarters