Shreyas Iyer scored his maiden ODI World Cup century during India’s CWC 2023 match against the Netherlands at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Sunday.
Iyer reached the triple-digit mark in 84 balls for his fourth ODI century and helped India to a mammoth 410 for four - its second highest ODI World Cup total and fourth highest in the format.
The right-hander forged a record 208-run alliance for the fourth wicket with KL Rahul, whose 62-ball ton was the fastest by an Indian in World Cups.
The duo’s partnership was the highest for the fourth wicket in ODI World Cup history.
- AFCON 2023: Ghana coach Hughton dodges blow from angry fan at team hotel
- Ultimate Kho Kho season 2: Tweaked rules, fresh faces breathe new life into the game
- Cooch Behar Trophy: Karnataka batter Prakhar Chaturvedi scores 400 vs Mumbai in Final
- Ranji Trophy Round 2 January 15 Highlights
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Gujarat registers dramatic six-run win against sloppy Karnataka