A clean sweep of Zimbabwe helped India maintain its third spot in the latest ICC ODI Team Rankings, released on Tuesday.
India now has 111 rating points on the back of the 3-0 series win in Harare.
Pakistan too was rewarded for its recent series sweep against the Netherlands.
The Babar Azam-led side eked out a hard-fought victory by a similar 3-0 in the Cricket World Cup Super League series, moving to 107 rating points and fourth in the standing.
New Zealand continue to reign supreme at the top of the table with 124 rating points following the Black Caps’ narrow 2-1 series triumph over the West Indies, while England remain second with 119 rating points.
India’s next chance to make further ground on the ODI rankings comes when it hosts South Africa for three ODIs, starting October 6.
Pakistan, on the other hand, will now only play an ODI after the T20 World Cup in Australia later this year.
A loss against West Indies saw leaders New Zealand’s nine point advantage reduce to five.
The Black Caps will have the opportunity to increase its lead when they take on trans-Tasman rivals Australia in a three-match series next month.
But a series loss against Australia could see New Zealand lose the top spot to England.
Australia (101 ranking points), on the other hand, can overtake Pakistan if it fares well in the back-to-back home series against Zimbabwe and New Zealand.
- India vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: Rohit falls after half century, Kohli, Iyer at crease - IND v NED match updates
- Rohit Sharma completes 500 runs in World Cup 2023, equals Tendulkar record
- India’s highest PowerPlay scores in World Cup 2023
- MotoGP 2023: Bastianini wins Malaysian Grand Prix as Bagnaia extends title lead
- India vs Netherlands Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: IND vs NED playing XI, fantasy team, squads