An all-round performance from India A ensured an 86-run vicory for the team against Australia's National Performance Squad (NPS) on Sunday in the Quadrangular Series.
Batting first, India A scored a healthy 304 for 7 in 50 overs. Opener Karun Nair top-scored with 72 off 85 balls with seven boundaries while Sanju Samson chipped in with 54 off 42 balls with three fours and three sixes. In reply, NPS was bowled out for 218 in 46 overs despite a 108-run second wicket stand between Healton Cartwright (65) and Sam Heazlett (60).
Seamers Jaydev Unadkat (3 for 43) and Dhawal Kulkarni (3 for 38) were the most successful bowlers for India A. Leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal took two for 45 in 10 overs.
This is India A’s second win in three matches; it had beaten South Africa A in the last game. After having gained a bonus point from this match, the team now has nine points from three matches and is very much in contention to play the final.
Earlier, India A’s innings had two significant partnerships — 74 for the second wicket between Karun and Shreyas Iyer (45) while another 69 was added for the fifth wicket between Samson and Kedar Jadhav (45). It was Axar Patel’s 7-ball-15 with a six and a four that saw India A cross the 300-run mark.
Brief Scores:India A 304 for 7 (Karun Nair 72, Sanju Samson 54, Kedar Jadhav 45, Shreyas Iyer 45) defeated NPS 218 all out in 46 overs (Healton Cartwright 65, Sam Heazlett 60, Jaydev Unadkat 3 for 43, Dhawal Kulkarni 3 for 38) by 86 runs.
Latest on Sportstar
- Guardiola puts City on red alert as United threaten treble bid in FA Cup final
- ‘Proud’ Mourinho leaves Roma fans fearing summer exit
- American Taylor Fritz shushes booing French Open crowd after he beats French player
- French Open 2023, Yuki-Saketh in men’s doubles second round: Preview, where to watch, streaming info
- French Open 2023, June 2 schedule: Djokovic, Alcaraz and Sabalenka play in third round