Navdeep Saini had an unforgettable day at the Wayanad Cricket Stadium on a lovely Friday evening. His five-wicket haul not only merely helped India-A dismiss England Lions in the first four-day match for less-than-daunting total, but helped put his case forward in the fiercely competitive world of Indian pacers.
“This was certainly one of the best performances of my career,” the Delhi seamer said, on his third five-wicket haul in 42 first class games.
“The conditions weren’t helpful for seam bowling, but I kept bowling in the right channel.”
Saini said he was happy to help his team take the upper hand. “Now our batsmen are playing really well. We enjoyed watching K.L. Rahul and Priyank Panchal bat.”
England seamer Lewis Gregory complimented the Indian batting, too. “We know Rahul is a class player. Panchal also batted well. They applied well and made it difficult for us to take any wickets," he said.
He said the team was hoping to come back and hit hard on the third day morning. “The wicket is on the slow side. The new ball becomes soft very soon. And yes, we should have put up a bigger score after the good position was in at stumps on the second day.”
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup