Fast bowler Kuldeep Sen and all-rounder Shahbaz Ahmed were named as replacements for Yash Dayal and Ravindra Jadeja for the upcoming three-match ODI series against Bangladesh in December.
While Jadeja is yet to recover fully from his knee injury, Dayal was ruled out due to a lower back issue, the All-India Senior Selection Committee said on Wednesday.
Sen and Shahbaz were initally named for the three-match ODI series which begins on November 25 but they will now be part of the squad travelling to Bangladesh. No replacements have been named for the duo.
Sportstar had reported on Tuesday that Shahbaz would likely replace Jadeja in the squad for the Bangladesh ODIs as the team management did not want to rush the latter’s recovery process.
INDIA SQUAD FOR BANGLADESH ODIS
INDIA SQUAD FOR NEW ZEALAND ODIS
- F1: Hamilton denies Red Bull talks, accuses Horner of ‘stirring’
- Indian sports news wrap, November 23
- India vs Australia Live Score, 1st T20 Updates: Inglis fifty puts AUS in control vs IND
- Bayern manager Tuchel: Crowded schedule ‘not good for the game’
- Olympic Games: Deepika Kumari and Atanu Das, power couple of Indian archery, under Korean coach Hyung-Tak