In a security breach, two protesters made their way into the field of play during the first ODI between India and Australia before being escorted out here on Friday.
One of the invaders, carrying a placard denouncing India’s Adani Group’s coal project in Australia, reached close to the pitch just before pacer Navdeep Saini was getting ready to bowl the sixth over of the home team’s innings.
The two were escorted out by the security after their brief invasion.
Fans have returned to the ground for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic forced games before empty stadiums across the world.
Cricket Australia has allowed filling up the stadiums to upto 50 per cent of their capacity in the India-Australia series.
The engagement comprises three ODIs, as many T20 Internationals and four Tests.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 6: HAR loses two cheaply in 144-run chase vs KAR; Punjab records big win
- WI vs ENG Live Streaming Info, 1st ODI: When and where to watch England tour of West Indies 2023-24?
- NBA roundup: Clippers stuns Warriors after trailing by 22
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023: Punjab thrashes Nagaland to record biggest win in Indian List A cricket
- Girona not title race level, should enjoy ‘historic’ La Liga form, says coach Michel