India suffered a setback after lunch on day three of the Boxing Day Test when fast bowler Umesh Yadav hobbled off the field after seemingly injuring his calf while bowling his fourth over.
Earlier, Umesh had Joe Burns caught behind with one that was full, pitched on off and left Burns late after hitting the seam.
Umesh was starting to get into excellent rhythm and India will hope it is nothing serious.
"Umesh Yadav complained of pain in his calf while bowling his 4th over and was assessed by the BCCI medical team. He is being taken for scans now," the official update from the dressing room read.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra, Bengal win
- Indian sports news wrap, November 29
- Champions League 2023: Early qualification delights Atletico coach Simeone
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament