Skipper Virat Kohli during Thursday's practice skipped the nets session ahead of the fourth Test against Australia.
It was also learnt that pacer Mohammed Shami will not be picked for the match as he is still being monitored by physio Patrick Farhart.
“Shami was with the team in Ranchi also as Farhart is monitoring his progress. He was not named in the squad of 15 for the final Test. Sending him to play Vijay Hazare final was a part of that extensive rehabilitation plan,” a source told PTI.
Kohli is nursing an injury on his right shoulder, which he sustained while trying to save a boundary in Australia’s first innings in Ranchi.
On Thursday, Kohli was present at the ground with his teammates. With a bandaged right shoulder, he took part in the customary warm-up session. He did some under-arm throwing during the fielding practice.
Kohli is expected to bat at the nets on Friday's practice.
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season