Jonny Bairstow will return to the England squad for the third and fourth Tests against India, along with Sam Curran and Mark Wood.
After its tour of Sri Lanka, England had decided to rest Bairstow, Curran and Wood for the first two Tests against India - a decision that had drawn flak from former England captains Michael Vaughan and Kevin Pietersen.
READ: Menon, Chaudhary and Sharma to officiate Test series
While there were speculations that the three players could be made available from the second Test, the ECB has confirmed that Bairstow, Wood and Curran will only be available from the third Test.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m
- Haddad Maia beats Sorribes Tormo in third-longest women’s match at French Open