India and Pakistan will play for a second time at the Asia Cup 2023 at the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo on Sunday.
Their first game, played in Kandy during the group stage, was curtailed by rain and the same might happen in the Super 4 round.
With rain around, the coin flip could have a huge bearing on the result and could prove pivotal.
Pakistan wins the toss and Babar opts to bowl first. Rohit Sharma says he was looking to bat first anyway. Shreyas Iyer is out with a back spasm and KL Rahul will replace him in the playing XI. Jasprit Bumrah back as well.
India: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj.
Pakistan: Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan (vc), Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Salman Ali Agha, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Faheem Ashraf, Naseem Shah, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Haris Rauf
Sanjay Manjrekar: The sun is out. I do not see a cloud. The curator watered the pitch. We have a good looking pitch. Little more grass covering than last night, not green grass but grass. The captain who wins the toss should bat first.
Waqar Younis: The pitch looks good. The ground staff has rolled the pitch. It is going to play nice. the spinners got plenty of purchase. The bowlers will have plenty of saying here due to the moisture underneath.
IND vs PAK : FORM
India vs Pakistan - Toss and match results at Asia Cup
India results after winning toss: Matches won 4/6; Matches lost 1/6, No Result: 1/6
India results after losing toss: Matches won 5/10; Matches lost 4/10.
- No Result. India won the toss. (2023)
- Pakistan won by five wickets. Pakistan won the toss. (2022) - T20
- India won by five wickets. India won the toss. (2022) - T20
- India won by nine wickets. India lost the toss. (2018)
- India won by eight wickets. India lost the toss. (2018)
- India won by five wickets. India won the toss. (2016) - T20
- India lost by one wicket. India lost the toss. (2014)
- India won by six wickets. India lost the toss. (2012)
- India won by three wickets. India lost the toss. (2010)
- India lost by eight wickets. India won the toss. (2008)
- India won by six wickets. India lost the toss. (2008)
- India lost by 59 runs. India lost the toss. (2004)
- India lost by 44 runs. India lost the toss. (2000)
- India lost by 97 runs. India lost the toss. (1995)
- India won by four wickets. India won the toss. (1988)
- India won by 54 runs. India won the toss. (1984)
- Navratilova says Steve Simon unlikely to continue as WTA chief after Finals debacle
- Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka LIVE score, ICC World Cup 2023 updates: BAN wins toss, to bowl first; Streaming info
- Mohali decks up to host Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2023 final sans cheering crowd
- Rapinoe gets another shot at title before retirement as OL Reign reaches NWSL final
- Inconsistent Barcelona targets early Champions League progress