Hello and welcome to Sportstar’s Live Coverage of the India vs Sri Lanka, Asia Cup 2022, Super 4 match at the Dubai International Stadium.
- RESULT: Sri Lanka beats India by 6 wickets
- SL 120/4 after 15 overs: Sri Lanka might have just pushed the panic button and Yuzvendra Chahal has picked three wickets and this time he traps Kusal Mendis. It looked plumb, and not sure why Mendis took the review. Sri Lanka falling apart and the required rate has climbed to 10.45. Chahal finishes with 4-0-34-3. India on the charge.
- SL 110/3 after 14 overs: Sri Lanka lost three for just 13 runs in the last two overs. Pressure on Sri Lanka and spin will be the key going forward. This match is getting interesting.
- SL 98/2 after 12 overs: Finally, India has the breakthrough and Chahal’s double strike has given India some relief. Chahal strikes to remove Nissanka who has played his part with a brilliant 37-ball 52. He then strikes to dismiss Asalanka and India believes they have bounced back in the back. It is still Sri Lanka’s game and India needs wickets in a cluster. Rohit Sharma is marshalling his troops and suddenly Indian supporters have found their voice.
- SL 89/0 after 10 overs: Nissanka brings up his half-century and India’s bowling has been exposed in a must-win chase. The partnership is an unbeaten 89 off 59 deliveries and the late introduction of Ashwin hasn’t given India any benefits. Sri Lanka needs 85 in 60 balls and only a miracle can keep India’s hopes alive. Rohit Sharma and Co. have to come up with something very special to snatch the game away from Sri Lanka and extend their stay in the UAE. Although they will play Afghanistan, India, at the moment, is staring at the Exit door.
- SL 57/0 after 6 overs: Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka have given India an early scare as Sri Lanka races away to a blazing start in chase of 174. Nissanka has hammered four boundaries and a six with Mendis joining the act with a couple of maximums. India needs a breakthrough as with dew coming into play, it will be very difficult if the Indian bowlers don’t find a way to pick wickets.
- SL 17/0 after 3 overs: Pathum Nissanka and Kusan Mendis have given Sri Lanka a bright start and for India, it’s important to pick wickets inside the PowerPlay and put the pressure on Sri Lanka. Nissanka is on the attack and the new ball bowlers have to find a way to get an early breakthrough.
- End of Innings: IND 173/8 after 20 overs: India rode on Rohit Sharma’s fantastic knock of 41-ball 72 and his knock was studded with five hits to the fence and four sixes. But, apart from Rohit, the others hardly fired as Suryakumar Yadav was the second highest scorer with a 29-ball 34. Hardik Pandya and Rishabh Pant did try their best with identical scores of 13-ball 17 but Ashwin with a maximum boosted India’s score and also the confidence. The ball isn’t exactly coming onto the bat and mind you Ashwin has been drafted in the side and along with Yuzvendra Chahal, Sri Lanka needs to be wary of the spin web. See you on the other side of the chase. India will fancy its chances, Sri Lanka will eye a bright start. Let the chase begin!
- IND 157/5 after 18 overs: The fall of Hardik Pandya gave Sri Lanka a respite and Deepak Hooda almost walked back to the hut but the third umpire felt it was no-ball, the height being the issue. Life for Hooda and for India and it remains to be seen how much the all-rounder canters on his chance. The score is still not high and Sri Lanka will target to limit India below 170. Although with Pant, that’s the score India will be targetting.
- IND 127/4 after 15 overs: Suryakumar Yadav falls after a patient 29-ball 34 and out walks Rishabh Pant. The next five overs will be very crucial and both Pant and Hardik will eye to up the ante. The cameras will zoom more towards the stands as both batsmen have the capability to clear the ropes and the white ball will sail into the stands as India aims to cross the 150-run mark. Over to Hardik and Pant.
- IND 112/3 after 13 overs: Sri Lanka has the breakthrough and Rohit Sharma falls for a brilliant 41-ball 72. It has been a captain’s knock in a high pressure game and has laid the foundation for a flourish. Hardik Pandya joins Superyakumar and this duo has the power and the capability to swing the momentum further in India’s way.
- IND 79/2 after 10 overs: Right then Rohit Sharma has hit a fluent half-century and has pushed Sri Lanka on the backfoot. The India captain is looking in good touch and along with Suryakumar Yadav has stitched an important unbeaten 66-run partnership off 44 deliveries and India will be happy with the score at the halfway stage. Rohit holds the key and his pyrotechnics with the bat will certainly put India in the driver’s seat. The pitch is certainly not a belter of a track and although it is the same track where India and Pakistan played, the batsmen have to adjust to the pace and bounce. Spin will be key but so far, the recovery from India has been good.
- IND 49/2 after 7 overs: Rohit Sharma and Suryakumar Yadav have ensured India recovers after the twin blows early inside the PowerPlay. Rohit has taken the attack to the opposition with three boundaries and a maximum and has shown great intent with Suryakumar biding time and not taking any unnecessary risks. Important passage of play and it will be Rohit who will hold the key for India.
- IND 15/2 after 3 overs: Dilshan Madhushanka has knocked out Virat Kohli and Sri Lanka is ecstatic. It’s an electrifying start for the Islanders and Kohli pays the price for playing across the line. Good length delivery, slightly coming in and Kohli went for a huge swipe only to miss the ball as the ball disturbs the timber. Top stuff from Sri Lanka. India is under pressure as Suryakumar Yadav joins Rohit.
- IND 11/1 after 2 overs: India loses an early wicket and KL Rahul departs. Theekshana traps Rahul as he fires in one quick and Rahul departs after taking a review. The batsman danced down the track but the ball hit the boot and the third umpire was convinced that there was no bat involved. The ball was heading towards the leg stump and it was just clipping. Sri Lanka has got the breakthrough and that’s a huge blow for India.
- KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma are out in the middle and it’s important India gets a good start in the PowerPlay. Madhushanka, the left-arm pacer will be starting proceedings and it will be Rahul on strike.
- Toss: Sri Lanka wins toss, opts to bowl first. Ashwin replaces Bishnoi
- India Playing XI: KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma (C), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (WK), Deepak Hooda, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh
- Sri Lanka Playing XI: Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (WK), Charith Asalanka, Danushka Gunathilaka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Asitha Fernando, Dilshan Madushanka
- The players are there in the huddle and it’s KL Rahul who is giving a pep talk and the team knows how important this clash is going to be.
- The good thing is Kohli is has found his touch and will be raring to go having scored back to back half-centuries.
- Both teams have arrived at the stadium and Virat Kohli is warming up along with the rest of the players.
- India finds itself in a must-win clash against Sri Lanka and this will test the character and nerves of the Rohit Sharma-led team after it faltered in a nail-biting encounter against Pakistan.
- Toss at 7:00 PM.
IND vs SL Live Streaming Info Asia Cup 2022 Super 4: When and where to watch India vs Sri Lanka on Tuesday
Live Streaming Details
Where can I watch the live streaming of the IND vs SL Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match?
The India vs Sri Lanka Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match will be streamed LIVE on Disney+Hotstar.
Which TV channels will broadcast IND vs SL Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match?
The India vs Sri Lanka Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match will be aird LIVE on the Star Sports Network.
At what time will the IND vs SL Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match start?
The India vs Sri Lanka Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match will begin at 7:30 PM IST.
Where will IND vs SL Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match be held?
The India vs Sri Lanka Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match will be held in Dubai.
When will Asia Cup 2022 end?
Asia Cup 2022 will end on September 11, 2022 with the final in Dubai.
Latest on Sportstar
- England’s Moeen considering Test return ahead of Ashes - reports
- Bucks announces Griffin as head coach
- Pulisic plans Chelsea return but says anything can happen
- Stuttgart wins playoff, prolongs Hamburg’s wait to rejoin Bundesliga
- French Open 2023: Last Argentine standing Etcheverry into quarterfinals