India demolished Sri Lanka as it won the second Test by an innings and 239 runs, with Ashwin picking up his 300th wicket. The off spinner fastest to the milestone, achieving it in 54 Tests, ahead of Australia's Dennis Lillle who took 56 Tests to reach the mark.
The win saw India take a 1-0 lead in the series after the teams had shared the honours in the first Test at the Eden Gardens. The visiting side started the day in Nagpur on 21-1 after conceding a 405-run first innings lead. The Sri Lankan batsmen, however, failed to put up any resistance and crashed to 166 all out in the second session.
Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin claimed four wickets to return overall match figures of 8-130. Skipper Dinesh Chandimal top-scored with 61.
The third and final match starts in New Delhi on December 2.
More to follow...
- SA20 hopes to become biggest T20 league outside IPL, says commissioner Graeme Smith
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Bumrah strikes twice in Australia’s pursuit of 380-plus score
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Sathiyan, Manika qualify for R-16; Sreeja, Harmeet in action
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams