The Indian women cricketers were supposed to start their training camp for the T20 World Cup from Tuesday in Mumbai, but the players had to spend the day at the team hotel because there was no clarity on the venue — the Cricket Club of India or the Wankhede Stadium?
Weeks ago, it was decided that the CCI will hold the camp for the women’s team from Tuesday, but with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) allotting the fourth ODI between India and the Windies to the CCI last week, the camp eventually had to be shifted to the Wankhede Stadium. Even though, the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) initially agreed to host the camp at the Wankhede, on Monday, it informed the BCCI that it would not be possible for them play the host.
The BCCI could not make an immediate arrangement and the players had to hit the gym at the hotel. While uncertainty continued throughout the day, a BCCI official, later in the evening, said the camp will be held at the CCI on Wednesday. “We hope to reach a conclusion by tomorrow, and finalise the venue,” the official said.
When contacted, CCI's Sanjay Jaywant also confirmed that the Brabourne Stadium ‘will host the camp’ for a day.
It has been learnt that a couple of BCCI officials visited the MCA to have a discussion with the CEO, CS Naik, but nothing much could come out of the meeting. The BCCI officials, however, are hopeful of finding a breakthrough by Wednesday and finalise a venue for the camp.
- Underdogs New Zealand vows to fight in T20 series with Australia
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Wadhera ton keeps Punjab alive after Tamil Nadu enforces follow-on
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: ‘Want to focus on my work ethic,’ says TN’s Vijay Shankar after century
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Indrajith, Vijay Shankar lead Tamil Nadu’s recovery against Punjab
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Resolute Andhra earns draw against Kerala