Following the recommendations of the Sourav Ganguly-led technical committee, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Thursday announced that the upcoming Duleep Trophy will be a day-night affair, wherein the pink ball will be used for the first time.
The decision was taken after the BCCI’s Tour Programme and Fixtures Committee met in Mumbai to announce the domestic and international fixtures for the forthcoming season.
India’s domestic season will kick off in September, starting with the Duleep Trophy, which is expected to be played by most of the top players and the Test hopefuls, considering the upcoming 13 Test matches at home.
The BCCI also said that a total of 918 matches will be played till March 2017 which includes Ranji trophy, Vijay Hazare trophy, Mushtaq Ali trophy, Deodhar trophy, Irani trophy, women’s cricket and all other age group cricket.
The upcoming season will also witness Chhattisgarh making its debut in the Ranji trophy competition.
Welcoming the new side to the Ranji fold, BCCI president Anurag Thakur said he is also excited for the Duleep trophy, where the pink ball will be used for the first time.
- I-League 2023-24 Namdhari holds heavyweight Gokulam Kerala to a 2-2 draw
- U Mumba vs UP Yoddhas LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: UP inflicts all out on Mumba to reduce lead: UM 28-24 UPY
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE score and updates, HFC 0-2 MBSG ISL 2023-24, Hamill and Asish score for the Mariners
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- EURO 2024 draw: All you need to know about European Championship draw, pots, live streaming info