Former England batsman Kevin Pietersen became the latest international inclusion in Pakistan Super League (PSL), Pakistan’s high profile T20 tournament, which starts in February 2016.
Chris Gayle, Lasith Malinga, Dwayne Bravo and Angelo Mathews are some of the other international cricketers who have consented to play in the T20 league, which was launched in a glittering ceremony in Lahore on Sunday.
“I can't wait to get it started. It looks like it is going to be a wonderful competition. Lots of fun, lots of sixes, lots of wickets, typical T20 stuff. I am really excited to be a part of this wonderful tournament,” Pietersen said in a video message played during the ceremony.
The tournament will be played between February 4 and 24 in 2016 and is expected to include five teams from the provincial capitals: Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta.
According to reports, around 10 parties, including former Pakistani fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar, have shown active interest in buying the five teams for the first edition of the PSL.
“We want everyone to know that we are here and we are here with a purpose. We will not settle for anything less than making PSL one of the leading products that has ever come out of Pakistan,” said PSL Governing Council Chairman Najam Sethi.
PCB, however, are yet to finalize on the venue of the tournament with UAE and Qatar being the possibilities.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023 Highlights: Swiatek beats Haddad Maia, Muchova upsets Sabalenka to set up summit clash
- French Open 2023: Swiatek beats Haddad Maia, faces Muchova in final
- WTC Final - IND v AUS Day 2: Advantage Australia as India fights to avoid follow-on, top order fails
- IND vs AUS, WTC Final: Australia on top after India’s top-order collapse on Day 2
- WTC Final, IND vs AUS: Smith’s mantra to success- “Stay in the moment”