The winner of the 2023 World Test Championship will get a prize money of Rs. 13.22 crore, the International Cricket Council announced on Friday.
The runner-up will take home Rs. 6.61 crore while the third-placed team will get Rs. 3.71 crore. The cumulative prize money for the competition will be Rs. 29.75 crore - the same as the 2019-2021 cycle.
While India and Australia will contest the final at the Oval from June 7 to 11, South Africa finished in the third place in the WTC standings.
England which ended fourth on the table secured Rs. 2.89 crore, while Sri Lanka recieved a prize money share of Rs 1.65 crore.
Sixth-placed New Zealand, seventh-placed Pakistan, eighth-placed West Indies and ninth-placed Bangladesh got around Rs 84 lakh each.
- Bayern Munich defender De Ligt sidelined again with knee injury
- ODI World Cup 2023 top wicket-takers after IND vs SL: Madushanka on top with 18 wickets; Bumrah fifth in list with 15 scalps
- ICC World Cup 2023 Points Table after IND vs SL: India on top after it maintains unbeaten streak; South Africa second
- French league sets date for Marseille-Lyon game, postponed after bus attack
- IND vs SL, World Cup 2023: Lowest totals against India in ODI cricket history