The winner of the 2023 World Test Championship will get a prize money of Rs. 13.22 crore, the International Cricket Council announced on Friday.
READ | Australia calls up reserve wicketkeeper Peirson for Ashes
The runner-up will take home Rs. 6.61 crore while the third-placed team will get Rs. 3.71 crore. The cumulative prize money for the competition will be Rs. 29.75 crore - the same as the 2019-2021 cycle.
While India and Australia will contest the final at the Oval from June 7 to 11, South Africa finished in the third place in the WTC standings.
England which ended fourth on the table secured Rs. 2.89 crore, while Sri Lanka recieved a prize money share of Rs 1.65 crore.
Sixth-placed New Zealand, seventh-placed Pakistan, eighth-placed West Indies and ninth-placed Bangladesh got around Rs 84 lakh each.
Latest on Sportstar
- Jabeur overcomes slow start to reach French Open fourth round
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years
- Fan arrested for ‘97’ slogan on shirt