The IPL Governing council has decided to swap the dates of Kings XI Punjab’s (KXIP) home matches, with the first three games being held in Mohali (in April), and the last four games in Indore (in May), owing to some logistical issues.
As per the revised itinerary, KXIP will play in Mohali on (April 15, 19 and 23), instead of Indore. However, Indore will benefit from the arrangement, as they now have four matches in its kitty (May 4, 6, 12 and 14). The reason for this swap is because the Chandigarh airport will remain closed from May 12-31, owing to renovation work.
“There were logistical difficulties that teams would have encountered, had KXIP played their home games in Mohali, in May. Therefore, the IPL Governing Council has decided that the dates will be swapped, and Indore will now host all their matches in May,” acting president and IPL Governing Council member C.K. Khanna said on Sunday.
- ‘Great solution’: Klopp, Tuchel back Nagelsmann amid Germany job rumours
- UEFA Champions League: ‘I like these situations’ says under-pressure Manchester United boss before Bayern tie
- Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Head-to-head: UEFA Champions League, FCB v MUN H2H, UCL 2023-24
- UEFA Champions League: Tough challenge for Inter to repeat last season’s achievements - Inzaghi
- Indian CWG medallists participating in Asian Games 2023