Alzarri Joseph's 6 for 12, the best figures by a bowler in the IPL, powered Mumbai Indians to a convincing 40-run win over the Sunrisers Hyderabad. The 22-year-old now holds the record for best bowling figures on IPL debut too.
Rahul Chahar's two for 21 jolted Sunrisers chase in the middle overs. The leg-spinner from Rajasthan got the valuable wicket of Jonny Bairstow at the start and followed it up with the dismissal of Yusuf Pathan in the 12th over.
David Warner had a rare failure with the bat against the Mumbai Indians. He was Mumbai Indians seamer Alzarri Joseph's first victim of the night. Warner was out for 15.
Kieron Pollard hammered an unbeaten 26-ball 46 to propel Mumbai Indians to an eventually winning score of 136/7. Pollard's innings was studded with four sixes and two boundaries.
Siddarth Kaul was instrumental with the ball. His two for 34 was crucial in keeping Mumbai under 150. He got rid of opener Quinton de Kock before dismissing Krunal Pandya later in the innings.
- ITF Kalaburagi Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan to face Pichler in final
- National Boxing Championships 2023: Amit Panghal, Shiva Thapa clinch gold as SSCB defends its title
- EURO 2024 schedule: Full list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, dates
- Athletics Federation of India set to become India’s first paperless NSF
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold