Playing their first IPL match after being picked in India's ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 squad, Vijay Shankar and Ambati Rayudu — who was named a standby on Wednesday — squared off against each other when the Sunrisers Hyderabad hosted the Chennai Super Kings in Hyderabad.
Shankar got the dangerous looking Faf Du Plessis to edge one to the keeper with a scrambled seam, short of a length delivery outside off stump and almost had Rayudu playing on off the first ball he faced.
FOLLOW| IPL 2019, SRH vs CSK Live Score
The Hyderabad batsman finished on 25 not out off 21 deliveries. Shankar conceded 11 off the two overs he bowled, for one wicket.
Rayudu had earlier been pipped to a slot in the World Cup squad by Shankar who was praised by the chairman of selectors MSK Prasad as a three-dimensional player.
- Which player has most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League history?
- Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin postponed due to snow
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- U Mumba match fixtures, squad analysis, all you need to know
- Serie A 2023-24: Juventus goes top with late Gatti winner at Monza
- NBA 2023-24: Magic tie team record with ninth straight win