Sunrisers Hyderabad openers Jonny Bairstow and David Warner broke the record for highest opening partnership in the Indian Premier League (IPL) as they put up an opening stand of 185 runs in the match against Royal Challengers Bangalore at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad on Sunday.
Gautam Gambhir and Chris Lynn held the record for an opening partnership of 184 runs for Kolkata Knight Riders against Gujarat Lions in 2017.
Bairstow scored his second century in T20s and his first in the IPL smashing 12 boundaries and 7 sixes in his innings of 114 off 56 balls. His partner at the other end, David Warner contributed 70 off 42 in what is now the highest partnership for any wicket for Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Shikhar Dhawan and Kane Williamson held the record previously adding 176 runs for the second wicket against Delhi Daredevils at the Ferozeshah Kotla, Delhi in 2018.
Bairstow's innings came to an end in the 17th over when he edged Yuzvendra Chahal and was caught by Umesh Yadav.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 66-71 DEN; Miami fights back in third quarter - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best