As Sachin Tendulkar watched the Mumbai Indians cricketers batting at the nets at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Saturday, he had a surprise visitor in Sourav Ganguly.
Both former India captains, Ganguly, who is now the advisor of Delhi Capitals, walked up to Tendulkar and chatted a while with him. Joining the two was Mumbai Indians coach Mahela Jayawardene.
Ganguly, who wasn't keeping well, could be seen exchanging smiles with the duo. They spoke for a while before Ganguly went back to join his team, which was training at the other end of the stadium.
On Friday, Ganguly caught up with his old teammate and Mumbai Indians director of cricket operations, Zaheer Khan. The two could be seen talking for long and laughing. A few minutes later, Delhi's assistant coach Mohammed Kaif too joined them.
- WPL 2024: Asha’s five-wicket haul helps RCB defeat UP Warriorz in a thriller
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- Musheer Khan hits maiden double-century for Mumbai in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Baroda
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Anubhav, Kartikeya hand Madhya Pradesh first-innings lead against Andhra on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Musheer Khan’s double-century puts Mumbai in strong position on Day 2