Andre Russell gave yet another evidence of his six hitting ability against the Mumbai Indians on Sunday night when he hammered eight maximums en route to an unbeaten, match-winning 40-ball 80.
Russell, who currently holds the record for the best strike-rate (207.69) this season, has already racked up 50 sixes this IPL.
Russell is among the 10 West Indian cricketers who have dominated IPL 2019 with their penchant for clearing the fence.
After Match 47 between the Kolkata and Mumbai, 10 Caribbean players have hit 124 sixes between them with Russell and Chris Gayle (32) occupying the No. 1 and No. 2 spot.
Earlier this season, Kings XI Punjab opener Gayle became the first batsman in the history of IPL to score 300 sixes. He achieved the milestone against Mumbai Indians in Mohali. Here's how Gayle reached the landmark:
Stats courtesy: Mohandas Menon
Kieron Pollard, who has been a linchpin in Mumbai's middle-order, has 18 sixes followed by KKR's Sunil Narine with nine maximums.
Five of the 10 players on the list are part of West Indies' 15-member squad for the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup in England.
The full list as under:
- P.V. Sindhu - bouncing back in style at Badminton Asia Team Championships
- ICC Test rankings: Yashasvi Jaiswal rises to 12th, Dhruv Jurel to 69th
- Organisers keen on cricket in 2026 Asian Games despite venue woes
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Siddarth Kaul: Winning white-ball trophy but missing out in red-ball cricket doesn’t discredit the players’ skills