IPL 2022: K.L. Rahul, Ravi Bishnoi, Marcus Stoinis to play for Lucknow
The Lucknow IPL franchise has picked up India wicketkeeper-batsman K.L. Rahul, Australia all-rounder Marcus Stoinis and uncapped Indian leg-spinner Ravi Bishnoi for the 2022 edition.
Published : Jan 18, 2022 19:58 IST
The Lucknow IPL franchise has picked up India wicketkeeper-batter K.L. Rahul, Australia all-rounder Marcus Stoinis and uncapped Indian leg-spinner Ravi Bishnoi for the 2022 edition.
According to a report in ESPN Cricinfo, Rahul signed the deal for Rs 15 crore, and he will be the captain. The franchise spent Rs 11 crore for Stoinis and Rs 4 crore for Bishnoi, who started under Rahul in Punjab Kings.
Rahul has been a star player since the 2018 season. He scored 2,548 runs in the last four editions for Punjab Kings. He decided to move on after 2021.
Bishnoi picked up 24 wickets in his first two seasons. Stoinis was electric for the Delhi Capitals. He finished games, picked up wickets and took catches effortlessly.
Earlier, former Zimbabwe international Andy Flower was appointed as head coach of the franchise that was bought for Rs 7090 crore by the RP Sanjiv Goenka Group in October 2021.
The Ahmedabad franchise named their choices -- Hardik Pandya, Shubman Gill and Rashid Khan -- on Monday. It is understood that Pandya and Rashid have been locked for Rs 15 crore each, while Gill will be paid Rs 7 crore.
Both the teams had the same purse of Rs 90 crore. Lucknow is expected to dive into the auction with a purse of Rs 60 crore. Ahmedabad, owned by the CVC Capital Partners, will be bidding with a purse of Rs 53 crore.
The IPL auction is scheduled for February 12 and 13 in Bengaluru.
Latest on Sportstar
- Djokovic vs Alcaraz, French Open semifinal: Preview, Head-to-head record, streaming info
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 3: IND 260/6 (60 overs); Rahane and Shardul share 100 partnership as session 1 goes India’s way
- Djokovic vs Alcaraz Live Score, French Open 2023: Generational battle in Roland-Garros semifinals
- WTC Final: Ajinkya Rahane completes 5000 Test runs for India in comeback match
- Who is Simone Inzaghi, Serie A manager who led Inter Milan to Champions League final for first time in 13 years