England international Liam Livingstone has been signed by Punjab Kings for Rs 11.5 at the IPL 2022 mega auction in Bengaluru on Sunday.
Livingstone, who was with Rajasthan Royals last season, left the IPL bubble and flew home due to bubble fatigue.
KKR and CSK entered the initial bidding war. With the bid going past Rs 4 crore, CSK opted out of the race. Punjab Kings then entered the fray and went toe to toe with KKR's bids. As the bids soared, Gujarat Titans made a late appearance and competed with Kings. SRH too tried to swoop in with a late bid for Rs 10.75 crore. But Kings eventually bagged him at Rs 11.5 crore.
A maiden international Twenty20 hundred off 42 balls for England against Pakistan in July was followed by being named Most Valuable Player in the inaugural edition of The Hundred.
With Livingstone's leg-spin also effective at last year's T20 World Cup, he became the fourth highest English player sold at an IPL auction.
- South Africa squads for India series: Bavuma rested for ODI, T20Is; Markram to lead
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2023: India aims for a winning start, faces Korea in opener
- Indonesia expresses interest in hosting U-20 World Cup in 2025 with Singapore, says president Joko Widodo
- Hope reveals inspirational chat with Dhoni after guiding West Indies to thrilling win over England
- Hero World Challenge: Woods targets one event per month after competitive return