Chennai Super Kings (CSK) secured an IPL 2023 Playoffs spot after it beat Delhi Capitals (DC) by 77 runs at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on Saturday.
MS Dhoni’s men became the second team to secure a place in the knockouts behind defending champion Gujarat Titans. With the win, CSK also extended its record of being the team with the most appearances in the playoffs — 12 times in 14 seasons.
With 17 points in the bag and a commanding Net Run Rate (NRR), CSK ensured the second spot in the points table.
The top two teams (GT and CSK) will play in the Qualifier 1 on Tuesday in Chennai while the third and fourth-placed teams will compete in the Eliminator on Wednesday.
The Qualifier 2 clash (May 26) and the Final (May 28) will be held in Ahmedabad.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash
- Sanjivani Jadhav finishes second in women’s 10,000m at Portland Track Festival
- McIlroy tied for lead at Memorial by making fewest mistakes
- Jabeur upset with fans reselling tickets due to women’s match in night session
- Nkunku stars as Leipzig retains German Cup with 2-0 win over Frankfurt