The Decision Review System (DRS) was on Thursday temporarily unavailable during the Indian Premier League (IPL) match between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Mumbai Indians (MI) at the Wankhede Stadium due to a powercut in Mumbai.
After a length delivery shaped back into Devon Conway and hit his pads, there was a confident appeal from the MI players. Although the umpire raised his finger, non-striker Ruturaj Gaikwad insisted the New Zealand batter on going upstairs.
Follow the CSK vs MI action LIVE!
The umpire, however, had to inform him about the technical difficulties following which Conway was forced to take the long walk back.
The system was restored post 1.4 overs after Chennai lost yet another opportunity to review Robin Uthappa's leg-before dismissal.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 222/3 (61 overs) - Head, Smith continue to frustrate India
- High ticket prices and the wrath of weather gods fail to deter CSK fans in IPL 2023
- Rohit Rajpal retained as Indian Davis Cup team captain
- Jude Bellingham to join Real Madrid from Borussia Dortmund
- Kante set to join Benzema at Saudi’s Al-Ittihad: Report