Royal Challengers Bangalore’s Dinesh Karthik surpassed Rohit Sharma’s dubious record for most ducks in the IPL during an IPL 2023 match against Gujarat Titans at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday.
Karthik was dismissed caught behind for a golden duck by left-arm pacer Yash Dayal, his 17th duck in the IPL. MI captain Rohit has bagged 16 ducks while Mandeep Singh and Sunil Narine are next on the list with 15 ducks each.
The IPL 2023 season is also Karthik’s worst with the bat with just 140 runs in 12 innings with three ducks.
Overall in T20s, Karthik’s duck was the 25th of his 386-match career - the second-most among Indians behind Rohit (27).
- WI vs IND, 2nd Test: India eight wickets away from a series clean sweep against West Indies
- IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4 Highlights: Ashwin picks two, West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase vs India at stumps
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France