Royal Challengers Bangalore was knocked out of the IPL 2023 Playoffs race after its six-wicket loss to Gujarat Titans in the last league stage match at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Sunday.
RCB’s defeat enabled Mumbai Indians to secure an IPL Playoffs spot with a fourth-spot finish. MI recorded its 10th qualification into the Playoffs across 16 editions.
RCB’s slip-up came after a record-breaking seventh IPL ton from Virat Kohli propelled the team to 197. However, a superb counter-attacking knock from Shubman Gill set up the chase for the Titans who notched up 20 points from 14 matches.
GT will face Chennai Super Kings in the Qualifier 1 on Tuesday while Lucknow Super Giants will take on MI in the Eliminator in Chennai on Wednesday.
Final IPL 2023 league stage points table after RCB vs GT:
|2||Chennai Super Kings||14||8||5||17||+0.652|
|3||Lucknow Super Giants||14||8||5||17||+0.304|
|6||Royal Challengers Bangalore||14||7||7||14||+0.135|
|7||Kolkata Knight Riders||14||6||8||12||-0.256|
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Chanderpaul, Brathwaite begin chase for West Indies vs India
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone