Even in the times of bio-bubble, fans are breaching security and invading the pitch.
After a fan of Virat Kohli invaded the field and tried coming closer to the India superstar at Eden Gardens during the Eliminator on Wednesday, a similar thing happened on Friday - this time at the Narendra Modi International Stadium.
A young fan, dressed in a yellow t-shirt, ran onto the field and tried shaking hands with Kohli when Kohli was batting during the second qualifier. But the youngster could only touch Kohli’s gloves and was clearly in joy before the security personnel chased him and took him off the pitch.
Latest on Sportstar
- WATCH: Yuzvendra Chahal on IPL 2023, the ODI World Cup and more
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Live updates: Verstappen leads Hamilton; Russell catching up with Perez
- Bangladesh calls up uncapped duo for Afghanistan Test
- French Open pair Kato, Sutjiadi disqualified after ballgirl hit