Chennai Super Kings captain MS Dhoni became the first Indian to record 300 dismissals in T20 cricket during the IPL 2023 ffinal against Chennai Super Kings at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Monday.
Dhoni recorded the feat when he stumped GT opener Shubman Gill off Ravindra Jadeja’s bowling. Dhoni’s reaction time was clocked at a staggering 0.1 seconds.
The 41-year-old extended his tally with the catch of Wriddhiman Saha.
Dhoni leads the wicketkeepers charts in T20s with 296 dismissals. Besides stumpings and catches with the gloves, Dhoni has also managed five dismissals (catches) as non-keeper in his 377-match career.
The CSK captain also leads the wicketkeeping charts in the IPL with 180 dismissals in 243 innings, with 138 catches and 42 stumpings.
Dhoni also became the first player to feature in 250 IPL matches during the match.
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team
- King’s Cup 2023: Litmus test for India to find its next No. 9 with FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers ahead
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships