Chennai Super Kings faithfuls were in for a pleasant surprise when skipper MS Dhoni walked out to bat at No. 4 during the IPL 2023 match against Delhi Capitals at the Arun Jaitley Stadium.
On Saturday, Dhoni walked out after Shivam Dube holed out to Lalit Yadav, stationed at long-on.
Dhoni last batted in this spot in 2021 against the Kolkata Knight Riders. The 41-year-old has been most successful while batting at No. 5 in the IPL. However, at No. 4, he has clobbered the second-most runs of his career.
Against DC, although Dhoni remained unbeaten on 5, his fans may have been left a tad disappointed as he couldn’t hammer a signature maximum to conclude the innings.
It may have once seemed that Dhoni was getting a second chance when Chetan Sakariya bowled a no-ball and then a wide off what would have been the last delivery of the match. The last ball, a timely yorker from the medium pacer, was hit to deep midwicket for a single.
- Djokovic makes winning Davis Cup return
- Lack of a proper spinner can hurt India’s World Cup chances: Ranatunga
- India vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: IND 249/7 (48); Gill dismissed after century; Axar key for India
- Atletico midfielder De Paul sidelined with leg injury
- Luis Rubiales given restraining order over World Cup kiss of Jenni Hermoso