R. Ashwin has cleared the air on an incident that sparked a confrontation between him and Kolkata Knight Riders captain Eoin Morgan during an IPL 2021 contest in Sharjah on Tuesday.
During the 19th over of Capitals' innings, Ashwin called for an extra run after the throw from a fielder hit his batting partner Rishabh Pant. After Ashwin was dismissed in the next over, Morgan gave him a fiery send-off and the two had to be separated by Dinesh Karthik.
Karthik later clarified that Morgan didn't think Ashwin had acted in the spirit of the game.
Ashwin, in a series of tweets, defended his actions, saying going for a run after the throw hits the batsman or the bat doesn't violate the spirit of cricket as he understood it, and that he couldn't be termed a "disgrace" for his actions.
Knight Riders defeated Capitals by three wickets.
Latest on Sportstar
- Antima Pal wins bronze in 5,000m event at Asian U20 Athletics Championship
- Hyderabad could host World professional snooker ranking event in August, says RB Ganesh
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India ready for Malaysia challenge
- Swiatek no fan of ‘Iga’s Bakery’ memes after serving up another double bagel
- An Se Young defeats He Bingjiao in straight games, claims Thailand Open title