Kagiso Rabada of Punjab Kings picked his 100th IPL (Indian Premier League) wicket against Gujarat Titans at the IS Bindra Stadium on Thursday and became the fastest bowler to reach the mark in terms of matches played.
The right-arm pacer completed the milestone in his 64th IPL match with the wicket of Wriddhiman Saha, going well clear of Lasith Malinga, who picked his 100th wicket in his 70th match.
Rabada missed the first few games of IPL 2023 due to national duty and made his first appearance of the season on Thursday. The 27-year-old had won the Purple Cap in 2020 while playing for Delhi Capitals. He had a haul of 30 wickets in 17 matches that season. The South African was bought by Punjab Kings for Rs. 9.25 crore at the IPL 2022 auction and picked 23 wickets in 13 matches last year.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar, the fastest Indian to scalp 100 wickets in the IPL, is the third quickest to reach the mark overall. Rashid Khan (83), Amit Mishra (83) and Ashish Nehra (83) are tied on fourth position, while Yuzvendra Chahal (84) rounds off the top five.
FASTEST TO 100 WICKETS IN IPL
|Kagiso Rabada||64||April 13, 2023|
|Lasith Malinga||70||May 18, 2013|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar||81||April 17, 2017|
|Rashid Khan||83||April 23, 2022|
|Amit Mishra||83||May 10, 2014|
|Ashish Nehra||83||April 05, 2017|
|Yuzvendra Chahal||84||May 04, 2019|
- Manav Thakkar lifts UTT National Ranking trophy after winning seven-game thriller against veteran Sharath Kamal
- South Africa vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: BAN 41/3 (11); Shakib, Shanto, Tanzid fall inside two overs
- ODI World Cup 2023: Angelo Mathews replaces injured Matheesha Pathirana in Sri Lanka squad
- Asian Para Games 2023 medals tally LIVE Updates: October 24 - India fifth with 10 gold medals; China on top
- Bishan Singh Bedi cremated in attendance of Indian sports legends